7.04.2011

teenager

It's official. We now have a teenager in the house. How that is possible, I dont know but I do know I really hope these next five years go slower than the past five.
nothing better for breakfast than 2 yummy pink (have to take advantage of pink when I can) doughnuts.
There is a story behind this cake and lets just say it is not a happy one. (by the way this was my third time making it in the past 2 days and second time bookin it to the store for supplies) I mean it looks like a nice, pretty, yummy cake right. Well, don't look too closely. One hour after taking this photo the top part of the cake fell and it totally fell apart. As my family sat and watched it fall, all we could do was laugh.  Emma said this is by far her favorite birthday cake she has ever had and she will always remember it. . I guess that made it all worth it.
Something I have always done for my kids birthdays is make it so when they get home from school there is a big surprise waiting for them. They love it. Emma said she doesn't want it any other way. She said she always looks so forward to come home and see the house decorated and what kind of cake she is getting and all her presents. She said she gets butterflies in her stomach because she is so excited to walk in the door and feel special. I love it too. I seriously spent all day (possible when I have not kids at home) decorating and making her cake. It was so fun. You cant really tell by the photos but it looked really cute. In fact when Emma walked in the door she screamed with joy.
pink lemonade, pink tulips, pink candy
Something happened to me when Emma was born. I turned pink. I never really liked pink before but ever since I've been hooked. It seems like every birthday she gets pink. I think she is happy with it too. That's  just what happens when you are the only girl I guess. Plus, who doesn't like decorating with pink. Especially these days. 
Emma screamed when she opened the boys present. It was Hollister perfume, something she had been wanting for so long.
I made this collage with my favorite photos of Emma. She loved it. She now has it on top of her desk. It was so fun to make and so easy. Going through all the photos made me laugh and cry.

I love my girl and am so thankful and lucky she is in my life. Even if she is a teenager, ha ha

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Everything looked sooo cute! I LOVE pink!...especially pink birthday decorations.

Sorry you had troubles with your cake. It still looked great.

You work so hard to be an awesome mom. I really admire that about you. --I would LOVE to come home to a decorated house as a kid..heck, even as an adult. :)

Smullin Family said...

PS- I just thought of something.. did you put frosting in between the top and bottom layers of the cake? That top had a lot of cute, pink frosting on it..probably pretty heavy. :)