12.19.2007

Pop Pop, Fizz Fizz

One of my favorite things about the holidays are making treats and handing them out. We usually bake something but because I still have to be careful with my shoulder, I decided cleaning a big mess in my kitchen for 4 days probably isn't the smartest. Believe me when I bake for the holidays my kitchen looks like a bomb went off for days. So, this year we did...

Pop Pop, Fizz Fizz, Oh what a wonderful _______ you is.

You can use teacher,neighbor, friend, Bishop, basically just about anything. It includes a bottle of Martinellis Sparkling Cider-I did the apple/cranberry- and a packet of microwave popcorn-the butter kind of course. We put it in a bag, wrapped it up, made a tag with the saying and it is done. The greatest part, you can make them ahead of time, not like food. SO, that is what we did this year for school teachers, primary teachers, neighbors and the Bishop. The kids loved when it was their turn to deliver it to their teachers.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's a great gift Keri. I am awaiting your Christmas card. This year we are putting them on the tree. Yours of course is always the best.

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

What a great idea! You are so creative. I wish that gene had been passed down to me...

Natalie said...

I love this idea! We did something similar - we got the sparkling cider and tied two plastic champagne cups to them with pretty ribbon and handed them out to the neighbors/friends. I love the idea of adding the popcorn and that cute saying on the card. We'll have to do that next year :)