This past week the boys and I took a 6 hour road trip to visit our Aunt Kathy and Uncle David in Yakima, WA. We had sooooo much fun. It worked out perfect that my sister Alicia also came with her two little kids Olivia and Bennett. The cousins had a party. We had such a great time hanging out while the cousins played, played and played. Kathy and David are the best. Believe me, they know how to party. I am sure we wore them out. It was a perfect set up with lots of sunshine, a real tree house-what else could a boy ask for- and lots of land for the boys to run wild and crazy, and believe me, they did.
We had a camp fire every night, thanks to David, and roasted marshmallows and hot dogs. We played a serious game of soccer, took long walks, stayed up late and watched movies, ate, ate and ate, got buried in the leaves and David and Kathy even set up a scavenger hunt for the kids with great clues and a treasure.
Now you see us......................
Now you don't.......................
Dylan was crushed when it was time to leave. He cried on the drive home and even cried himself to sleep that night. He said "Mom, this is so hard for me. I want to go back to Kathy's now."
I told Dylan to be patient. Spring break is only 4 months away.







5 comments:
How great is that tree house! It's definitely every little boys dream come true. It looks like you guys had fun. Kathy and David do know how to party.
How cute that Dylan didn't want to leave. It is such a treat to see family and loved ones.
Hey,
We had the most fun of all.
I am sure the kids don't know I'm an adult!!!
The muscles in my legs still hurt! from 3 days of soccer!!
Serious Party!!
Thanks Keri and Alicia for bringing the kids. It was so fun. David is thinking of sending a hugh box of leaves to all the kids for there back yard to jump in Ha!
It's only six hours to my birthplace from Boise? What wonderful family you have Keri.
We had so much fun, didn't we? your pictures are great. I'm glad you got one INSIDE the tree house... I didn't think of that. That is so sweet and tender that Dylan cried himself to sleep. He was the center of the party in Yakima... it's hard to go back to normal life after that.
Post a Comment