7.18.2011

mother's day

Mother's Day 2011
My kids have always made me feel special on Mothers Day. Emma started the tradition of making dinner, decorating the table and making cool cards and gifts. This year while my sweet little Emma was in bed with the stomach flu Dylan took over. Him and Cole decorated the table, helped dad with the bbq and even helped with the dishes. I have to say seeing Dylan take charge and care so much what everything looked like made me one happy mamma.  
My sister Alicia made this special plate years ago for a family gift exchange. I was the lucky one to get it. Now we use it whenever it is a special day or if someone is extra special that day. I love our little tradition and I love how my little Dylan made sure it was mine all day.
even fluffy was invited.

Emma was sick that day so she wasn't really able to make it down stairs but 3 days later she told me my Mother's day present was in my closet. I walked in and it was a wonderful she had organized, clean, folded and color coded my clothes. She did an awesome job and it looked so great for about 3 days JK. I love how my little Emma is so creative and knows what I needed so well.

Dylan gave me a bag he decorated in class. He was so shy and cute about giving it to me. It says "Best Mom ever". It is really cute. Cole gave me a really special book that he made telling me what he likes about me and answering questions about me. He also drew a picture of me on the front. It was adorable. My favorite part was he colored one of my eyes blue and green and he drew my necklace that I wear a lot with my kids initials. That's my Cole. Very descriptive. It was so dang cute.  I loved it.

1 comment:

Smullin Family said...

What a sweet family you have. I love the closet organization gift from Emma..how thoughtful.