2.21.2009

always worth it........

I have to admit after coming home late tonight from a meeting I was kinda glad all the kids were asleep so I could work on the boys quilts. Well, just as I am sitting down to sew I hear Emma.........

E- mom, can you come lay by me ?

Me- hesitant - Sure Emma

E- Thanks for the good dinner tonight. I really liked it

Me- I'm glad you liked it

E- Thanks for being the best mom in the world

Me- Thanks for being the best little girl in the world

E- I'll scratch your back if you tell me a story about when you were a little girl

Me- Sure Emma.

Alone time put off once again........ always worth it

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Nice to hear they still want you to lay beside them when they are 10 almost 11 right? Every time I say I can't snuggle them while they are falling asleep I feel a twinge of guilt knowing it won't last forever. Don't you love it when they tell you thanks for making a good dinner. I haven't got the you are the best Mom ever yet. Hmmmm when will that come. Maybe you are the only best Mom ever.

Jessica Brown said...

I love your sweet stories!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Keri!!!!!
Thankful Emma gets it.