1.12.2009

Happy 86th Birthday Grandma Wilcox


I have to say that I have the coolest grandma ever. Everyone of my siblings and cousins I am sure would agree. Ever since I was a little girl I LOVED going to my Grandpa and Grandma Wilcox's house. We would seriously stay for weeks at a time and just play, play, play our little hearts out with our cousins, our cool Aunts- Yes, Janet and Kathy I am talking about you-Grandma's was the funnest. It was special. I felt totally comfortable there. She always had never ending Popsicles and white toast with cinnamon and sugar. Oh and at church she always had Wrigley's gum in her purse for us. Grandma was fun. She hung out with us and let us tell her our silly, naughty jokes like "When the log rolls over we'll all be dead." To tell you how cool my grandma was, she would stay up late with us playing Gin Rummy, let us see scary movies my mom wouldn't and let us wear her high, high heels and cool jewelry. She even let us play in her dressing room-which was my FAVORITE. I remember playing in there for hours. So many of my most favorite memories of growing up have to do with my grandma. Still to this day one of my favorite things about going home for Christmas is knowing I get to go to Grandma's house Christmas day and have a sleepover. My kids love it too. I feel VERY lucky to have such a wonderful and cool grandma.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keri, I have the same memories of the Cinn. and toast, and Wrigleys gum!! I love staying there at Christmas.

S. Gibson said...

Grandma really is the best. There is nothing like going over to her house, still to the day I love the way her house smells. I always loved playing Gin Rummy with the 'rook' cards and eating Jello Pudding pops.

Shannon said...

You have the best family.

The Newey Fam said...

Happy 86th! That's awesome!