6.20.2008

Meet Georges Seurat

Emma's last project of the year was a report on an artist. It was a lot of work but fun, creative work. Emma's favorite kind. She worked so hard on it and did an awesome job. In fact she felt pretty cool when her teacher chose 2 to keep for examples for next year and Emma's was one. She did an awesome oil on canvas. Way to go Emma.



One of the requirements was to be George Seurat for an hour. She had to dress like him, act like him and tell about him for 2 -3 minutes memorized, AND do her part 10 times to 10 different parents. It was actually really cool learning about the many different artist. As you can tell from this last picture above, she really got into it.

I guess he was a shy man and didn't smile much

5 comments:

Marci said...

Keri,
I am a big fan of Seurat and I am happy that Emma and I share this! I have to tell you, this blog is truly wonderful. I couldn't stop reading. It was very touching. Here I was trying to include everything that I liked in mine, you brought YOU. Please continue inspiring with your effortless simple honest ways. Thank you for all of the wonderful ideas to incorporate into my life. Living life, laughing, and loving all the time that passes. Its the memories that make the man. I love you, I love hearing about you. It was really moving. I'm grateful to have a friend in the family like you.

Anne said...

Keri,

I am so glad you found us... I always wonder how your beautiful family is doing. It is amazing how time has gone by so fast. Emma is so beautiful, and the boys...wow what heartbreakers you have. I loved your posts! Are you still in Idaho? How is your husband?

Anne said...

Sorry that was Anne Copeland in the comment above..

Anonymous said...

Emma, Great job! I'm so proud of you. What a fun experience. You will feel connected to Seurat from this time forward. Every time you hear his name, your ears will perk-up to hear what is being said about him. I can't wait until I visit you and see all your work. Love, Grandma Marjean

Shannon said...

That is cool. And Sacagawea Wow! Way to go Emma. Keri what a great Mom you are. I get too tired of cleaning up the messes