Tonight while we were on our nightly swing in our backyard, Dylan asked if we could go on a bike ride . I looked at my watch. It was almost 10:00- just getting dark believe it or not- I first hesitated. I thought of all the things I need to do before tomorrow, and then said "Lets go." Oh, I am so glad I did. I absolutely loved every second. We cruised our neighborhood together. Talking, enjoying the moment. One of the things Dylan said was "I am want to know what my future will be. What I will look like. What I will grow up to be." It was really cute. He also asked me why I had a sneaky life when I was little. Ever since I told my kids that when I lived in Saudi Arabia I had church at my house and couldn't tell anyone and when I got baptized my family had to be very careful, my kids always ask me why I had a sneaky life. Kinda funny. Anyway. This is one of my favorite times with my little Dyl. I can still picture his sweet, smiling face. I can't wait for our next ride. I am so glad I said "Lets go". It was well worth it.
Easy Chia Seed Jam
5 days ago
2 comments:
Don't you love those spontaneous decisions that turn out so well.
You are such a good Mom. Your kids are lucky to have you.
Post a Comment