4.06.2008

Cowabunga

Did you know that cowabunga is the word the "TMNT" always use? Did you know that TMNT stands for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and that they love Pizza, are skilled ninja warriors, awesome sword fighters, battle petty criminals, live in the sewer in Manhattan and their master is a rat named Splinter. Don't feel too bad if not. I didn't either until Dylan wanted a TMNT birthday. I did my research and well this is what we came up with.......

While eating Dylan's favorite dinner, tacos, the door bell rang. Emma found a secret message on the front porch. To make a long message short, the TMNT's have drowned in the ocean after trying to save a special star treasure. Splinter needs our help. He needs 4 boys to become the new TMNT. Can these 4 boys do it. Oh yes they can.



The secret message put them on a scavenger hunt. If you could see the boys run when they got the clue and saw the green bag. It was all i could do but laugh. You would have thought they were running after a million dollars. Each bag had a part of their TMNT outfit.


Next, the training begins..........



Leonardo taught Ninja moves


Donatello taught sword fighting




Meet the new "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Leonardo* Donatello *Raphael* Michelangelo


It's official. The new "TMNT" found the star treasure -piniata-
and lots of yummy candy.

This is not a frog. It is Leonardo
I ran out of green food coloring. Emma said it looks like a frog. Hey, I tried.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

You just put on my son's dream party. Way to go, Keri! Seriously, I'm stealing this idea come July!

Candice Edgar said...

You are so creative Keri! Sounds like they had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Oh man I wish I was there. And yes i knew about the "cowabnunga Dude"
term. I too had a TMNT. I'm sure that has help guide Collin through the tough times in life at BYU.
Awsome Dude!.
Thanks for the pic's.
Love these kids.
Aunt Kathy

S. Gibson said...

Oh my gosh you are officially the coolest mom EVER. That is such a fun idea! Jacob loves the TMNT. I love the scavenger hunt idea. That is the perfect cake!

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

You are my inspiration, Keri. What an AWESOME mom you are!!!

Natalie said...

I loved reading about this ultra cool party! I totally remember the TMNT cartoon - and the cake is impressive. I knew who it was; didn't even think about a frog when I saw it :) I agree with everyone, you are such a fun and creative mom!