6.16.2011

BIG Surprise

For my 40th birthday, my brother Ryan from New York, my sister Alicia from Washington, and my mom and sister Laura from California surprised me on my door step to celebrate my Big 40th with me.  When I say surprise I mean surprise. I have never been that surprised in my life or should I say shocked. They all flew into Boise around the same time and drove to my house.  They totally staggered it so it made it even more a surprise.  It started with my Mom.  I was sitting on my couch and the door bell rang, I looked out the window and saw my mom. I opened the door and stared screaming.  While I was screaming and giving her hug I asked he what she was doing. She said she wanted to spend my 40th Birthday with me. Then all of a sudden my sister Laura with her baby who I have never seen comes around the corner. I almost started to cry. I just kept on screaming. Then 30 seconds later my sister Alicia comes around the corner with her baby who I haven't met either. I was in totally shock and still screaming. Then my brother Ryan comes around the corner and I was just in total shock. I couldn't believe it. It was the total best. I just kept screaming and hugging everyone. We then move into the house and all sit down. My brother Ryan precedes to tell me that they are there for the next 5 days and have a party planned for me that night. I was seriously the best. I kept thinking about that moment for days, weeks. Just writing it makes me smile.
They took me to Goodwood which is my favorite. The cool thing was they had no idea that it was my favorite. Ryan set it up. He called a friend of his from Boise to see a great place to take me and he told him about Goodwood.
as soon as we sat down Alicia gave me a black boa and princess crown that said "Birthday babe" to wear. 

Ok, it gets even better. After we got back they all told me to basically leave for 20 minutes. When I came back they had decorated my kitchen pink/black with fierce, fabulous and forty decorations. SO fun huh.  My mom put up about 30 photos of me throughout my life on the wall and gave me a booklet which had my timeline in it which she spent hours on. 


This is my amazing cake. Alicia found a great bakery and had them make it special for me. (remember she lives from Seattle) Lemon which is my favorite. It was so yummy and beautiful.
I am not done yet, really........ They took me the next day to The North Face store down town and bought me a jacket which has been on my wish list for a very long time. I felt so spoiled and loved let me tell you. I feel soooo lucky that my family would do that for me. I know it was not easy for them to leave their families and busy lives but they did it for me. Just the fact that they came up with the idea and planned it. I loved how excited they were when they were telling me about how they met at the airport and about their drive over, planing how they would surprise me. I am one lucky sister let me let you.

If you were wondering why there are not any more photos. Well, basically for the next 4 days we just hung out and talked and talked and talked and talked. And if you know our family you wouldn't be surprised.
I love my family!!!
Alicia and Ryan left on Sunday but my sister Laura, her little baby Evan and my mom stayed 6 more days. I was glad the party wasn't completely over.

1 comment:

Smullin Family said...

This is so AWESOME! I LOVE parties... and surprises!!!

I'm glad you posted this, cuz I wanted to know all about it and never made time to have you tell me everything.

Reading this makes me smile too. :)