4.04.2011

Happy Birthday Dylan

This photo was taken on the beach in Phuket, Thailand, 8 years ago. It is one of my favorite pictures ever. It is Dylan and Emma playing in a big sand pit that we made. It was our last day there and we spent it all day at the beach. That day has to be one of my favorite days of my life.

I can't believe our sweet, little Dylan is 10 years old today. Last night I read him his baby book and we went through his scrap book. He asked me why I had tears. I told him it is hard to see my babies grow up. I have to say I feel lucky because Dylan still asks me every day to play with him, still lets me read him a story at bedtime and still gives me hugs every day.  (ok, not when I drop him off to school, that is now a no no. )  Dylan is truly the sweetest, tender hearted, thoughtful boy I have ever met. Dylan is a great friend, a wonderful brother and has the biggest imagination any little boy could have. I love that he still dresses up in some kind of concoction he has come up with and plays his heart out with his little brother. I love that he tells me "great dinner mom" even if it is soup for the 3rd time that week. I love how thoughtful he is to each one of his family members and his friends. I love the big smile he has everyday when he gets home from school and the first thing he askes me is if I will play four square with him.  Dylan is such a good example to me everyday and I feel so dang lucky to have him as my little boy. Why did my little curly haired boy have to grow up? I know it is a part of life but I sure don't like it one bit.
Happy Birthday Dylan. We love you!