4.13.2011

13 years ago.......



13 years ago my life changed forever.  I became a mom to a very beautiful little girl. I still can't believe my little girl is 13 today. It  doesn't seem  right, I mean to have her all grown up. To me she will definitely always be my little girl running around in some kind of dress up, caring a purse full of who knows what and talking and singing a mile a minute. I can still remember when Emma was 7 and we were at her first piano recital. A man from our ward was there with his 13 year old daughter. He told us to appreciate these years because before we know it she will be 13. He said it goes by so fast. I remember thinking that is so far away. Now, I understand what he meant. It does go by way fast. I am glad I have appreciated my time with Emma, spent time with her and for all the wonderful times we have had so far. I have to admit I miss her little pig tales, her vibrant personality,  her sweet little drawing which I thought were so amazing, her sweet raspy voice, her little dance moves, her "pack for Yellowstone game" she played with her dad almost every night, her big huge think I want to cry messes,(she still makes them let me tell you) watching Parent Trap over and over again with her, her singing and dancing to Disney songs, her dolls Noel, Sammy and Clover, her princess room, her creative little mind, her playing her little heart out with her brothers, her big imagination, her little spit fire personality and her laugh oh and that cute little smile.  
Happy Birthday Emma Bear, We love you FOREVER!

This photo was taken 3 months before Emma was born. My brothers Chris, Ryan, Jason and my little sister Laura surprised me at the airport looking like this and holding a sign that said "She's having a baby" (I still have it) I walked off the plane and there they were. I still remember it. People were clapping. It was so funny. Notice the boys pants pulled up very high and my sister wearing my dad's robe not to mention the greasy hair and glasses.  Those nerdy siblings of mine.

1 comment:

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

I can't believe Emma is 13 either! It goes by waaaaay too fast.
Your family is so much fun, that picture is classic! :)