3.02.2011

Redfish Lake Cake

When I asked Dylan what kind of cake dad and him were making for the Scouts Blue and Gold Banquet (theme-outdoor/scouts) I was not surprised he said "Redfish Lake". After all he was making it with his dad and it is both one of their favorite places to be. I didn't help one bit, I wasn't aloud, not even a say. Dylan did let me eat the left overs of the sour licorice which was pretty dang nice being it is my favorite candy. :)

Dylan chowing down on a piece of his cake.

I loved how they did the judging. They gave people 5 $1dollar bills (not real of course) and you put the $ in the cup next to the cake you like. Then, the boys took the money they got and traded it in for fun little prizes. It wasn't all about who won, they all did.  Smart huh. I wish they could do something like that for the Pinewood Derby.

1 comment:

rick christensen said...

Great pictures, but for some reason they give me a lump in my throut