1.20.2011

some tears



OK when I say tears I am not talking about the boy sitting in the chair getting his hair for the first time in his life cut totally off (well almost) was the one shedding them.  It was me the mom. I would say not too many tears where shed (didn't want to upset or scare the poor boy) but a heart and panic attack it would be. That is right as you can see from the photos above my little Cole got his hair cut. If you are wondering if I had anything to do with it I would have to say "Do you know me?" If you do then you would know it had nothing  to do with me. Cole has been asking me to let him get a fohawk for over a year and a half and well being the nice mom that I am I finally let him do it. I know all you mom's who's boys have never had longer hair don't understand why this was trauma for the mom but I am sure the mom;s who have or had boys with longer hair totally get it. The first week I couldn't even think about it but now well it is growing on me. I am letting it grow out of coarse. JK, we will see. Everyone around just loves it. They keep saying how handsome he looks. It's true, he looks darling but so much older which no mom likes right. I would post a photo of him right before he got his hair cut but I think I might start crying. How is Cole taking it well..... lets just way he is going in the bathroom at least 5 times a day and checking his hair out. I think he went through a tube of jell the first week. Oh and the girls who told him at the beginning of the year that if he cut his hair they would chase after him at recess (I wonder if that has anything to do with it)  well, that is what they are doing. :) As for now, I seem to be dealing with it pretty good . I am sure my mom and Aunt Kathy are very proud of me. What does the future bring for Cole' hair, well we will see but I do have to say.........I get to pick the next one and if you know me well, I am sure he won't be getting one for a very long time.  

2 comments:

Jilene said...

H.O.L.Y.C.O.W!!! I can't believe you did it! or let him do it! He looks so handsome, but I almost didn't recognize him! You are one brave momma and lucky that hair grows back! I love it! Good job Keri!

Jill said...

I love it Keri!!! I think he looks like a stud! I am sure those girls are chasing him around the playground! He is too cute!