5.16.2009

a pirates life for me

My boys have been my little pirates since I can remember. I always said I would never give them a pirate room- I always think of black flags and skulls- BUT when I saw this great "adventure/map" print I knew I had to do something with it. Well......many months later...... it is almost done..

I started these tie quilts many months ago and I am happy to say that they are finally finished. It was not that hard BUT took way longer than I thought. I think doing two at the same time and never doing a project like that before made it take forever. It went pretty smoothly till the binding. I seriously thought I was going to have a break down. I am so glad they are done. The boys love them. It was so worth it.



I had been looking for the perfect trunk to put in between the beds. I was getting bummed because I was not having any luck. I came home one night and Greg had taken an old wicker chest that we have had for years and scraps from the garage and made this trunk. I like it even better than one I could have bought. It means way more and it cost nothing. Oh I just love that.

NEXT.......an old pirate map made by dad......

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That is so adorable, Keri. I love the lanterns by the beds and the quilts are beautiful (in a pirate-y) sort of way. Lucky boys. Matthew would be so jealous...

Marci said...

Ker,
Of course your stuff is always so dang clever. I don't just like you because we are related and neurotic about the same stuff...it's because you always get those breadsticks working hard. Kel had her baby boys. I'll call you about it. You might want to reach her. ~m

Shannon said...

Keri That is so cool. I love the lamp and curtain rod too. I just found khakis at Target with skulls and swords (swords for X-bones) on clearance $4.24 cents. Wish I had bought some for your boys now.

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

You are so clever! I certainly didn't get that gene. I love the chest, and that Greg did it all for you. You are one ambitious woman. My head hurts thinking about making one quilt, let alone two! :)

Laura Garner said...

I love the quilts Keri! They look so good in the room!