12.06.2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year.......




What the Christensen Family looks SO forward to this time of year.........
Making snowflakes- always worth the disaster
Watch our favorite Christmas movies- Christmas Story, Santa Clause, Polar Express, Home Alone
Christmas cookies and hot chocolate for an after school snack
More hot chocolate with candy canes.......
Sleeping by the Christmas tree with the fireplace on and getting all snugly
Drive around Sunday night and admire all the neighborhood Christmas lights
Turn the lights down low and listen to Harry Conic Jr.s Christmas CD- Greg's favorite
Greg and I telling the munchkins our favorite Christmas memories growing up
Making Christmas wrapping paper
Making Christmas crafts and cards
Christmas tree purchase
Making a list for Santa with Dad
Snuggle in front of the fireplace and read Christmas stories
Make Christmas count down chain -each one has something festive to do or a way to be like Jesus
2 weeks of NO school
Remembering what Christmas is really about
Being with grandparents and cousins
Make Gingerbread houses
My personal favorite- Receiving Christmas cards from family and old time friends
Another one of my favorites- giving out treats to neighbors and friends
Pull out all the boxes that read "Christmas" on them and decorate. OK, I only have 3 boxes at the most
and last but not least, Greg, saying HOHOHO!!! in the perfect Santa's voice. Seriously.

What does your family look forward to this time of Year.......

5 comments:

Marci said...

Ker,
I think I might be putting together the big mailing, cause you love getting holiday cards so much. Thanks for reminding me of all the fun things to do during the holidays with kids. You are a good mommy. Scott has a good Santa voice too; it must be a dad thing.
Have a wonderful Christmas, Keri...or is it Keri Christmas.

Audrey said...

I wish I was there for Christmas! It sounds like you guys have TONS of fun! I can't wait for Christmas break either! I love the picture of Dylan sitting on Greg's shoulders putting the star on top!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there for some of the fun....
I am looking forward to another quick visit in Jan
Have a great holiday!!!
Aunt Kathy

Shannon said...

I love your family.

Natalie said...

Seriously, I love your blog because you give me so many great ideas! I feel like I let myself get overwhelmed with motherhood and miss out on all the fun we can have. So, thank you!!

Loved your check story. And love that you're so close with Emma.