3.13.2008

Movie Ratings That Actually Work

Next time your kids want to watch a movie, heck even you, and your not sure if it is appropriate, well, I found the perfect site for you. It rates everything from nudity, violence/gore and profanity on a scale of 1 to 10. It includes instances of substance abuse a list of discussion topics that may elicit questions from kids and messages the film conveys. Finally a place that rates on standard not age. As for me, I don't even trust rated G movies anymore. What is this world coming to.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the hint. I know what you mean--I am always so cautious w/ movies. My kids get scared so easy, and more often than not a new movie = nightmares for weeks. We took the kids to see Enchanted and Katelyn has been dreaming about witches ever since. You just can't be too careful sometimes...

Natalie said...

Keri, thanks for this site! I was telling Drew that pretty soon, I can foresee that counsel from our church leaders will advise us to stay away from PG-13 movies; the standards just keep getting lower and lower with movies these days! Do you have any movies you have enjoyed with your kids? We love to have movie nights, but I am running out of ideas for movies. Email me if you have time :)