1.09.2008

New Years Eve in the hospital




Yes, that is right. Greg, Dylan and I spent our New Years Eve and day in a hospital in Southern California.


Sunday night we took Dylan to the ER, thinking it might be his appendix. (thanks to my mom who thought we should go in) Well, 6 hours later he had surgery and had his appendix removed.. Unfortunately, by the time the Dr. got in there it had ruptured which means longer recovery and longer at the hospital. Through it all, Dylan was a trooper. I have to say it was hard seeing our little boy in so much pain, laying in a hospital bed, and so out of it. Lucky, he did great and was able to leave 3 days later.





At first, we were so stressed about being in California when it happended. . But, we soon realized "What a blessing." It worked out so perfect to be by my family. My parents watched Cole and my aunt Janet had Emma. Greg and I were able to stay with Dylan the entire time. We didnt have to worry about anything but Dylan. If we were in Boise, I am sure we would have had to take turns and worry about the eveyday stuff, which would have been hard. Plus we had lots of visiters. It was so nice having Greg with me the entire time and to know Emma and Cole were being taken care of.

Dylan soon realized in the hospital you ............


get lots of visitors and presents............


going to the bathroom is a real big PAIN.....

You can get as many Popsicles as you want and watch TV as much as you want...

But, most of all, Dylan realized all you have to do is push a little orange button and the nurse is right there by your side. For some reason Dylan just loved pushing that button and telling the nurse he needed her.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Keri this is so sweet and sad. There is something about ones child being helpless and sick. Is that Laura and Jill with Emma inbetween? Party girl just like you.

Natalie said...

Wow, Keri! I'm so glad you were close by family and had their help. How is Dylan doing now?

Kelly said...

poor little dylan! isn't it the worst thing to see one of your babies in the hospital? it makes them look so small and helpless...and that feeling of just wanting to make it all better for them! i'm glad that he found the good parts out about the hospital, and what better way to recover than with a doting grandma?

S. Gibson said...

Oh poor little Dylan! We felt so bad, especially when Janet told us he said "I ruined my New Years party". I'm glad he's feeling better and I love that he took advantage of that nurses button, I'll bet they loved him.